Monday, August 22, 2005

Where I work

So far I've spent about a week at ABS-CBN, the largest TV station in the Philippines. I'm really still trying to figure out what's going on here, and what I'll be doing for the station. Last week I spent Thursday and Friday shadowing reporters on assignment. This week I'll be at a training session, and supposedly writing news scripts for the station's 24-hour news channel that broadcasts in English.

I haven't had much time to sit down and update this blog, so I thought I would at least post this story from the International Hearld Tribune (again) about ABS-CBN. It will give you a good idea of what broadcasting and journalism is like in the Philippines, as well as lots of interesting tidbits about where I work.

In the Philippines, fine line between TV and politics
IHT, Aug. 15, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home